Exterior view of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, the first permanent Greek Orthodox parish in Chicago. Structure is a solid simplified Romanesque style building with a tall pointed roof. The church served as a community space for Greek Americans and newly-arrived Greek immigrants. The church was established in 1897 near the old Greek Town area. The church was demolished in the 1960's to make way for the University of Illinois at Chicago. It was rebuilt on the city's northwest side.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com
Photograph, circa 1897, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/3340. Accessed 10/26/20.