A rectangular candy box from the Ting-a-Ling candy store in Chicago. The box is rectangular in size, and has a brown patina to it. The front face of the box depicts a two-story New England style house with tries, and the lettering "Ting-a-Ling" in the top right corner. The words "Home Made Candies" also appear in the bottom right section, and the candy store's address appears in the bottom right section of the front face. The reverse face of the box is blank.
The Ting-a-Ling Chocolate Shoppe was a well-known, Greek-owned confectionery shop located on Chicago's north side.
When the establishment went out of business, Ward Miller, a local Chicago architect, entered the premises and saved a number of valuable artifacts, including this one.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com
Box, February 27, 2012, 1904 – 1967, Ting-a-Ling Candies, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/8781. Accessed 10/20/21.