The paper is off-white with black print. There is a black printed border around this certificate's writing. Across the top, it is printed "Greek Ladies Philoptochos Society, Inc.", and under that, the same thing is printed in Greek. On the left side, there is the English, and on the right side, there is Greek writing. Most of the certificate is printed, but there is also hand-written writing and signatures. The the middle of the paper near the bottom, there is the official seal embedded into the paper.
The Philoptochos Society was first started in the 19th century when Greek immigrated ito New York from Greece. The Ladies Philoptochos Society was established in 1902 in New York City. Here in this document from February 24, 1954, the Central Board of Directors is certifying that the Greek Ladies Philoptochos Society St. Catherine is recognized and organized as a chapter in this society.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com
Certificate, 1954, Pete Poulos, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/9598. Accessed 07/24/21.