A single printing block for creating advertisements for the Ting-a-Ling ice cream parlor. The backing is solid wood with a metal engraved plate on the printing face. The engraving on the front face reads: "24 N. Division St., Chicago. We Serve Dinner. We Make Our Own Ice Cream." Then the words "Ting-a-Ling Chocoal Shop" appear below, as well as a phone number, and a depiction of an ice cream sunday.
The Ting-a-Ling candy shop was a well-known, Greek-owned confectionary shop located on Chicago's northside.
When the establishment went out of business, Ward Miller, a local Chicago architect, entered the premesis and saved a number of valuable artifacts, including this one.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Block, Printing, February 27, 2012, 1904 – 1967, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/8792. Accessed 11/25/20.