A single custome made hand-held rubber stamp for the Ting-a-Ling candy shop. Handle is of black wood and has the wording "Mfg. by 'Wilson' Brookville, PA" imprinted on it. Stamp imprint creates wording stating: "Orange Sherbet"
The Ting-a-Ling candy shop was a well-known, Greek-owned confectionary shop located on Chicago's northside.
When the establishment went out of business, Ward Miller, a local Chicago architect, entered the premesis and saved a number of valuable artifacts, including this one.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com
Rubber Stamp, February 27, 2012, 1904 – 1967, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/8786. Accessed 04/10/21.