Light blue velvet sash with blue and white trimming along the edges.
Donated by Julia Maurogianis. The sash was attached to the Officer Jewels of Daughters of Penelope chapter officers (2006.33.2-10). The sash was worn around the neck. The light blue signified that the wearer was a Chapter officer. Different colors denoted officers at different levels, such as Chapter, District, etc., within the Daughters of Penelope. This sash belonged to the Daughters of Penelope Harris Chapter #133. The Harris Chapter #133 was officially formed July 15, 1945. Chapter #133 is no longer in existence. Daughters of Penelope is a national women's organization started in 1929. The organization promotes Hellenism, education, philanthropy, civic responsibility, and family & individual excellence.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sash, March 4, 1945, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/7605. Accessed 11/29/20.