White candy box with gold font from Sugar Bowl Sweet Shop, 2lb (original weight) Large logo of ancient sugar bowl in the center.
The Sugar Bowl Sweet Shop was open from 1921 - 1997, under Greek ownership. It served the Desplains community for decades before it was closed. The store made home-made candy, as well as operated soda fountain and restaurant.
The store was closed/sold in 197 when the manager of the shop (the nephew of the owner) was arrested for attempting to hire an individual to murder his uncle (the shop's owner).
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact email@example.com
Box, Candy, SUGAR BOWL SWEET SHOP, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/6473. Accessed 08/14/22.