Object ID
2002.51.40
Object Name
Program
Date Created
November 3, 1974
Measurements
21.2725 cm. H x 13.8099800000 cm. W, Item (Overall)
Material
Metal; Paper
Object Description
Church program on paper with two metal staples. On the cover in orange and brown ink reads
"Consecration
November 3, 1974"
There is a line drawing of the church towards the bottom of the page and underneath that reads
"Kimissis Theotokou Greek Orthodox Church
Racine, Wisconsin"
The inside pages (38 total) contain prayers and responses for the Consecration ceremony in Greek (left hand side) and English (right hand side).
Origin
Kimissis Tis Theotokou (Dormition of the Mother of God) Greek Orthodox Church was founded in 1916 by Greek Immigrants who settled in Racine, Wisconsin. We are a parish of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Our parish feastday is August 15.

Current location is at 1335 S. Green Bay Rd. in Racine, first Church location (1925-1965) was on 723 Grand Ave. in Racine.

Families: About 200 (members reside in Racine County, WI; Kenosha County, WI; Walworth County, WI; Milwaukee County, WI and Lake County, IL)
- See more at: http://kimissis.org/about_us/#sthash.thIG51AX.dpuf
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.

Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy.

For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact nhmcollections@hellenicmuseum.org
Citation
Program, November 3, 1974, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/11063. Accessed 02/21/24.