A rectangular wooden plaque displaying a certificate under a plastic cover with a metal brad in each corner fastening it to the wood. The paper certificate has a the logo of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers at the top and the seal in gold at the bottom left. It reads: "A Half-Century of Membership / 1941-1991 / George Thodos / Having completed fifty years of membership in the American institute of Chemical Engineers and having in this time aided in the advancement of chemical engineering in theory and practice and maintained a high professional standard, in hereby tendered the gratitude and esteem of his fellow chemical engineers." It is signed Arthur Humphrey, President, and Mary L. Markette, Secretary.
Presented to George Thodos for fifty years of membership in the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in 1991.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is the primary organization for chemical engineers.
Rights and Reproduction
The content on this site is made available for research and education purposes only. The use of these materials may be restricted by law or the donor.
Any other use, such as exhibition, publication, or commercial use, is not allowed except by written permission in accordance with the NHM Image Rights and Reproduction Policy
For questions on image rights and reproduction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Plaque, 1991, National Hellenic Museum, https://collections.nationalhellenicmuseum.org/Detail/objects/10775. Accessed 02/24/24.